Home, contents and vehicle insurance

Peace of mind by protecting the assets you've worked hard to obtain

Home insurance

You’ve worked hard for your home, and it likely represents the single biggest investment for your future. Fire, earthquake, burglary, flood, and accidents can cause damage to your house, so home insurance protects what’s probably your most expensive possession. The most common claims are usually for:

  • Weather-related damage to roofing and ceilings
  • Damaged flooring or joinery caused by internal flooding such as sink or dishwasher overflows
  • Gradual damage such as floor or wall damage from internal leaks
  • Hot pots and pans causing benchtop damage

Landlords: To protect your investment, ensure you have protection against meth-lab contamination, which should include damage to your contents, blockage to drains or sewer pipes, and loss of rental income included. Covers are also available to include losses due to failure to give notice, malicious damage by tenants, and eviction.

Contents insurance

Fire, earthquake, burglary, flood, and accidents can result in loss or damage to your personal belongings. Contents insurance gives you the peace of mind that you can repair or replace your belongings. The most common claims are usually for:

  • Damaged and lost phones and devices
  • Lost wedding rings – remember there will be a specified limit for jewellery items
  • Accidental damage to carpets from stains or flooding
  • Power surges damaging electronics such as televisions and home computers

Motor vehicle insurance

Whether your vehicle is just a means of transport or your pride and joy, the right type of insurance matters. When a vehicle accident occurs, people may be injured, and vehicles or other property will be damaged. Damage or loss can also occur from theft, vandalism, or natural disasters. Motor vehicle insurance covers damage to your vehicle from such causes.

If you drive an old banger, it’s still worth exploring third party insurance, which covers you for third party liability. For example, if you reverse into a fence, the repairs to the fence can be covered.

How much cover do you need?

Always plan for the “worst case scenarios” and ensure you have adequate cover for everything above.

Be aware of the limits on the policy for certain items such as bicycles and watercraft. If you have items that are especially valuable such as jewellery or watches, ensure they are “specified” on your policy and keep up to date valuations.

Speaking to an adviser (commonly referred to as an insurance broker) about your specific needs is the best way to ensure you’re adequately covered.

What next?

For a free, no-obligation chat with someone about the insurances listed above, or to simply receive an obligation-free quote to compare with your existing insurances, call 0508 BECOME (0508 232 663) or leave your details below. We'll respond within one working day.

Thank you for reaching out! One of our colleagues will be in touch within one working day.

Talk soon!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.